πŸ”— Understanding Symbolic Links in Linux: A Practical Exploration while installing searchsploit on Parrot OS 🐧

πŸ”— Understanding Symbolic Links in Linux: A Practical Exploration 🐧

I googled it.. 


Why did I google it.πŸ˜€.. I moved into Parrot🦜OS because I struggled with Kali LinuxπŸ‰. Few errors occurred while using Kali Linux. Honestly, I tried my best to figure out that problems. But I'm tired and couldn't find correct solutions for those issues.

πŸ”ΊVBoxGuest Addition couldn't install properly because of kernel-headers trouble.   

I will write an article about that issue too in near future. I hope to try new & latest Kali Version (definitely .OVA version). In my opinion, this will solve the problem naturally. Let's see!

However, 

🐦 Parrot OS Unveiled

Parrot OS is a gemπŸ’Ž, but the absence of searchsploit in the terminal caught me off guard. Without further ado, I embarked on a manual installation adventure, bringing me face to face with the intriguing concept of symbolic links.

πŸ“– PuckieStyle's Insightful Guide

Cue PuckieStyle's invaluable guide on installing searchsploit on Parrot OS. Forget the old GitHub repository; the action is now on GitLab.πŸ‘‰https://gitlab.com/exploit-database/exploitdb

Clone searchsploit with this nifty command:

git clone https://gitlab.com/exploit-database/exploitdb

And now, the symbolic link conjuration:

sudo ln -sf /home/gayashan/Downloads/exploitdb/searchsploit /bin/searchsploit

Read PuckieStyle's article hereπŸ‘‰install-searchsploit-on-parrot – PuckieStyle

✨ Unlocking Terminal Magic

Thanks to this command, the magic of searchsploit unfolds directly in the terminal, just like in the good old days of Kali Linux.

Pro tip: While searching exploits with searchsploit is handy, all exploits are neatly cataloged on the official Exploit Database website. 

Explore it here πŸ‘‰Exploit Database - Exploits for Penetration Testers, Researchers, and Ethical Hackers (exploit-db.com)

Ready to unravel the mysteries of symbolic links and enhance your Linux journey? Dive in! πŸš€πŸ•΅️‍♂️ #LinuxMysteries #SymbolicLinks #ParrotOS #Searchsploit

Comments